THE INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENTAL COALITION OF ORANGE COUNTY (IEC/OC)
Environmental Regulatory Training & Job Expo
(INCLUDES Lunch, Limited Complimentary Attendance for Students, Cash Scholarships Available)
DATE: Thursday, NOVEMBER 30, 2023
TIME: 9:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.
LOCATION: ERM Office, 1920 Main Street, Irvine
Training & Job Expo Details:
The REGULATORY TRAINING DAY is a day of Resources and "How-to-Sessions" with valuable training for facility EH&S Specialists/Managers and young EH&S consultants.
The training will focus on resources for various regulations (air, storm water, hazardous materials/waste, health and safety) and more focused sessions to achieve compliance. This training is a must for EH&S personnel working in industries in Southern California, mainly those in Orange County.
Complimentary attendance for the first 10 students to register. Cash scholarships available upon application submittal and approval. Contact INFO.IECOC@GMAIL.COM to request an application. All applications must be submitted by November 17th to be considered for eligibility. Awardees to be announced at the event.
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors!
Morning Session (9:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.)
Session-1: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. EDUCATION
- Importance of Lifelong Learning, Certifications, Continuing Education, Advanced Degrees and On-the-Job Training
- Many resources to help OC businesses with compliance for air, water, materials/waste, and health and safety
- IECOC Website resources
Mike Weddle - Applied Medical
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. - Coffee Break
Session-2: 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Air Quality
- Conducting Source Inventories
- Emission Calculations/Estimating Tips
- SCAQMD Stationary Source Resources: Source Testing/Sampling/Monitoring
- Air Quality Permitting
- Emission Trading/Credits
Trainers (Air Quality):
Jim Dill & Ryan Reynolds - ERM
Lunch Break 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Session-3: 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Materials/Waste Management
This session will provide a high-level review of hazardous materials and hazardous waste compliance awareness including:
- Hazardous Materials and Waste Definitions and Requirements
- Reporting Overview
- CERS Use Overview
- CUPA Inspector Perspectives
Trainers (Materials/Waste Management):
Dean Freed - OC CUPA
Session-4: 12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Water Quality
This session will provide a general overview of stormwater permitting requirements including:
Trainers (Water Quality):
- Review and guidance for analytical stormwater sampling methods
- Stormwater permitting update including review of:
- Industrial Stormwater General Permit updates
- Construction General Permit changes
- Draft Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional (CII) Permit in LA County and potential future implications
Dan Chavez - Enthalpy Analytical, Matt Lentz - GSI Environmental
Snack Break 1:45 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Session-5: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EH&S
- Health & Safety Resources: Cal OSHA/OSHA Regulations, JHAs/HASPs
- OSHA Logs reporting requirements
- CIH Roles & Responsibilities
Mark Huang - ERM
Training Fees (No Refunds)
Members: $65 per person (With Early Registration)
Non-Members: $85 per person (With Early Registration)
Registrations after November 23rd - add $5.
Registration Help: Please contact Dan Chavez (562) 900-7466 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships (Limited to TWO in each category)
A. Platinum Sponsor - $300 - SOLD OUT!
Benefits: Acknowledgement (a) on the Announcement Flyers, (b) at the beginning of the Program, and (c) TWO Free Training Registrations.
B. Gold Sponsor - $200
Benefits: Acknowledgement (a) on the Announcement Flyers, (b) at the beginning of the Program, and (c) ONE Free Training Registration.
Sponsorship Help: Please contact Dan Chavez (562) 900-7466 or email to email@example.com.
Industrial Environmental Coalition/Orange County
P.O. Box 61511, Irvine, California 92602
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.iecoc.net