THE INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENTAL COALITION OF ORANGE COUNTY (IEC/OC)
REGULATORY COMMITTEE PRESENTS
Limited In-Person/ONLINE TRAINING
(INCLUDES Lunch or $25 DOORDASH Certificate)
ORANGE COUNTY ENVIRONMENTAL & SAFETY REGULATIONS
(Early REGISTRATION Pricing Ends on Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022)
DATE: Thursday, NOVEMBER 17, 2022
TIME: 9:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.
LOCATION: In-Person with lunch limited to first 20 to sign up at AECOM Office at 999 Town and Country Road in Orange, CA
Online Training (Link with $25 DoorDash Lunch Certificate sent upon Registration)
TRAINING ON ORANGE COUNTY ENVIRONMENTAL & SAFETY REGULATIONS
The REGULATORY TRAINING DAY is a day of Resources and "How-to-Sessions" with valuable training for facility EH&S Specialists/Managers and young EH&S consultants.
The training will focus on resources for various regulations (air, storm water, hazardous materials/waste, health and safety) and more focused sessions to achieve compliance. This training is a must for EH&S personnel working in industries in Southern California, mainly those in Orange County.
Morning Session (9:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.)
Session-1: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. RESOURCES
- Many resources to help OC businesses with compliance for air, materials/waste, and health and safety
- Air Quality Resources: Local AQMD for AQ Permitting, CARB, Sampling, Monitoring
- Materials/Waste Management Resources: CalEPA/DTSC, CUPA, HMBP and CalARP, CERS, OCFA, OCEH
- Water Resources: IGP/CGP Regional Board/SWRCB, SPCC, and POTW (eg. OCSD, SOCWA)
- Health & Safety Resources: Cal OSHA/OSHA, JHAs/HASPs
- IECOC Website resources
Bozena Szeremeta - Applied Medical
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. - Coffee Break
Session-2: 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Air Quality
- CARB Offroad Resources - spark, diesel, support and portable engines
- SCAQMD Stationary Source Resources: Source Testing/Sampling/Monitoring
- Air Quality Permitting
Trainers (Air Quality):
Kevin Cosgrove - NV5, Karl Lany - Montrose
Lunch Break 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. (DoorDash $25 certificate included with Registration)
Session-3: 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 a.m. Materials/Waste Management
This session will provide a high-level review of hazardous materials and hazardous waste compliance awareness including:
- Local regulations related to hazardous waste management and storage
- Waste generators and waste characterization
- Overview of SPCC requirements and applicability
- Reporting, inspections, and permitting.
Trainers (Materials/Waste Management):
Hari Gupta - Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
Session-4: 12:45 a.m. – 1:45 p.m. Water Quality
This session will provide a general overview of stormwater and wastewater permitting requirements including:
Trainers (Water Quality):
- Stormwater permitting including review of:
- Industrial Stormwater General Permit
- Construction General Permit
- Draft Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional (CII) Permit in LA County and potential future implications
- Overview of wastewater permitting requirements in Orange County
- Review and guidance for analytical stormwater sampling methods
Dan Chavez - Enthalpy Analytical, Mehran Ebrahimi - GSI Environmental
Snack Break 1:45 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Session-5: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EH&S
- Health & Safety Resources: Cal OSHA/OSHA Regulations, JHAs/HASPs
- Drones and spatial services for EH&S inspections and planning
Fred Just - BSI, Nick Levin - BSI
Training Fees (No Refunds)
Members: $65 in-person lunch or online w/ $25 DoorDash (With Early Registration)
Non-Members: $85 in-person lunch or online w/ $25 DoorDash (With Early Registration)
Registrations after November 10th - add $5.
Registration Help: Please contact Dan Chavez (562) 900-7466 or email to email@example.com.
Sponsorships (Limited to One in each category)
A. Platinum Sponsor - $300
Benefits: Acknowledgement (a) on the Announcement Flyers, (b) at the beginning of the Program, and (c) TWO Free Training Registrations (includes 2 DoorDash certificates).
B. Gold Sponsor - $200
Benefits: Acknowledgement (a) on the Announcement Flyers, (b) at the beginning of the Program, and (c) ONE Free Training Registration (includes 1 DoorDash certificate)
Sponsorship Help: Please contact Dan Chavez (562) 900-7466 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Industrial Environmental Coalition/Orange County
P.O. Box 61511, Irvine, California 92602
Tel: 657.210.2432 Email: email@example.com Website: www.iecoc.net